- One set of clothing may be left for an upcoming court appearance – only for jury trials.
- Medications: Current Prescription medications authorized by jail nurse.
- Inmates may purchase additional items through the commissary.
- Correspondence: All correspondence must be mailed through the US Postal Service, UPS, or other agency.
- No packages will be accepted unless approved by the jail administrator.
- All incoming packages will be opened and inspected.
- Effective 1-1-13: All incoming mail will need to be on metered postcards. We will no longer accept letters in envelopes.
- Effective 1-1-13: Inmate to inmate mail will not be allowed.
- Effective 1-1-13: We will no longer accept pictures of any kind, this includes by mail or over the counter.
- Money orders may be mailed in an envelope with only the money order in it. Envelopes must be addressed to the “Barry County Jail.”
- Attorney and court papers mailed to inmates will continue to be opened in the presence of the inmate.
- No postage stamps or envelopes accepted.
To send mail to an inmate, address the letter as follows:
Effective 1-1-13: We will no longer accept pictures of any kind, this includes by mail or over the counter.