Adult Day Care
A loving hand to help you care for your loved one.
Our goal: to enhance the lives of individuals with Alzheimer's or Dementia.
Would you like to keep your loved one home as long as possible? Don't think a nursing home is your only choice!
Adult Day Care Services may be the answer for you if you...
- Need a place for your loved one to stay while you work, run errands, have outpatient surgery, or just need rest.
- Need to take time to revitalize yourself and spend time with other family members or friends.
- Need social interaction and structured supervision for your loved one.
We are here to help you share in your caring role with planned activities, basic health monitoring, and one-on-one and group sharing programs.
Services We Offer
- We provide a safe environment with handicapped bathrooms and walk-in shower, lockers for personal belongings, lounge chairs, TV/VCR/DVD, day bed, washer and dryer, and a garden and outdoor walking area.
- Music, movies, games, and crafts are included in our list of planned activities.
- We offer dignified assistance and support with feeding, bathing, walking, and toileting. We are able to manage incontinence.
- We have a licensed nurse on staff to assist with medication, administration, glucose monitoring, and basic health monitoring.
- Enjoy our convenient location and hours, as well as many other services offered at the Barry County Commission on Aging.
Eight hour day: $40.00
Four hour day: $25.00
Out of County Residents (accepted with limited exceptions): $65.00
Financial assistance is frequently available. Just ask the Coordinator for details.
Light breakfast with coffee and juice
Warm, healthy, afternoon meal (limited diabetic and low sodium diets)
Light afternoon refreshments
Please call our Day Care Coordinator, Diane Neeb, LPN at (269) 948-4856 ext. 1009 if you would like more information or would like to pre-register your loved one.